[teacherartexchange] New ideas!

---------

From: donnalyn shuster (d_shuster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 04 2009 - 04:48:56 PDT

Hi all,

Jeryl - I agree wholeheartedly! I have gotten some thanks from people - and also have gleaned so many ideas & support from this list - I try to give back as much as I can also. It is frustating when the 'take the idea and run' happens - but I hope that with a little nudge - people get the hint - and at least thank those who lend a hand.

I like your booklet idea - I may pass that on to a friend who teaches grades 1 - 5.

The Master Artist idea - hey - I could use that in middle school as well! Great idea.

My peeve is that people who SAID they would post presentations OR send them if you sign up at NAEA and who never do....GRRRRR! I too would rather send a presentation ( which I have done many time for my Van Gogh unit)sometimes than try to post it. I personally found the NAEA wikki site difficult to post to and use effectively - I rather liked the Digication site we used in New Orleans.

My mission this month - rewriting my Drawing on the Right side of the Brain presentations - just got the newer edition and the workbook - and putting the intro in a PowerPoint to get the idea across. ( Grades 6,7 and 9) AND writing more printmaking units. I am getting a small press from ASW express and am looking for some nice monoprint units. My Grad 6 & 7 all know how to do simple self portrait prints on styro plates ( gr 6) and the Van Gogh reduction plate prints in Gr.7) I am bringing printmaking into the 9th grade this year.....so any ideas would be great.

After taking the monotype workshop at NAEA - I got hooked on printmaking!!:)

Donnalyn in Soggy New York