RE: [teacherartexchange] New teacher Units advice needed!

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 02 2009 - 14:57:38 PDT

Emmy,
I worked with the classroom teachers last year and integrated the art. If they were doing autiobiographies, we did self-portraits, etc. The only issue I had was getting the info from the teachers. Teachers get so busy and had a hard time even forwarding me skills/units that they were working on. Maybe you could get a calendar from teachers before the school year started.

I am planning on combining grade level projects as well. I think it will be ok. I have always been amazed at how much more students do than I ever can come up with, so I am just going to be encouraging the higher grade levels in each group to take the lesson a little further than the lower grade. For kindergarten I am going to do separate lessons on the alphabet that I got from Jeryl Hollingsworth (THANK YOU!!) at the National Conference. She presented a curriculum that tied into a letter per lesson. I am working with my kindergarten teachers to match up with the letters that they are teaching in the classroom each week.

Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor