[teacherartexchange] Beginning of year-want your input

---------

From: Jeannette Anthos (anthosj_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 02 2009 - 06:30:36 PDT

Here in Georgia, some kids start school tomorrow, and some start in a
week. The 1st week of school sometimes can be very mundane &
repetitive for me, b/c it is of course necessary to go over rules, but
it gets "old", know what i mean?(I have 36 classes to do this with) A
friend of mine told me that she takes pics around the art room & puts
them in a powerpoint to show to her students & they play "I spy". She
takes pics of art equipment, etc. Then when the students figure it
out, they talk about that particular rule, etc. She said for the older
kids she takes close up detailed pic, easier pic for the younger
group. I thought this was a GREAT way to go over the rules, etc. She
said it was a LOT of fun to do last year, and I thought it was a GREAT
idea!
So my question to you is this:
HOW OR WHAT CREATIVE THINGS DO YOU DO TO GO OVER THE RULES,
CONSEQUENCES, ETC. ON THE 1ST DAY WITH YOUR CLASSES?
I can't wait to hear your responses!
-------
Thanks!
Jeannette Smith Anthos, M.A.Ed
Art Educator, Lovin Elementary
Professional Artist
Owner of "ART-opia-Honor Your Creativity"
http://web.mac.com/jkanthos
Shop online:
http://janthos.etsy.com