Re: [teacherartexchange] Voice Thread. Have you tried it?

---------

From: play2cre8 (play2cre8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 18:21:19 PDT

I used Voicethread with my students last Spring - there were some
glitches, and some things I wish I could monitor (like our
wikispaces), but it was fun for them to use... and several went home
and did it themselves for personal/family projects... so I guess it
was a success.
When I took the class to the lab to upload we couldn't sign on at the
same time... just locked up, either from our end or theirs... but we
could record/text as a group when I introduced it to the class.
Very easy to use - I paid $60 for a private Voicethread...I didn't
want everyone to be able to see it - the kids were still lax about
what they put on... too much information!
I would probably sign in as myself and let little kids 'talk' through
my sign-in.... I had all of my 7th graders do a visual griot project -
have fun with it -