Re: [teacherartexchange] interesting article..

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 07:41:55 PDT

Yes - Graffiti can be are but most graffiti is just gangs tagging the
neighborhoods. In Albuquerque, we have
cut the tagger problem down to a manageable level. If we see graffiti
we call the "Graffiti Hot Line" and a city
crew removes or covers it the same on the next day. I use to describe
tagging to my students as just like
dogs lifting their hind legs to mark their territory. I believe all
cities should check into our cities graffiti removal
program. http://www.cabq.gov/solidwaste/outreach/graffiti
                                                                                                Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net