Re: [teacherartexchange] Old Kiln

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2008 - 07:48:42 PDT

Hi, Jane!

Wow, I'm glad that your school did all of that for your program. Awesome!

I'm good on the clay dust, etc... and all the general operating of
the kiln, just wasn't too sure about the requirements for a safe setup
for the kiln, itself. This one is a smallish one -- sort of looks
like an oversized dorm fridge. But I have tiny classes, so it works
as long as we keep projects small.

I love this listserv! I usually don't even post questions because I
always find the answers in the archives if I look long enough. It is
great to hear from experienced teachers and just to converse, too --
especially when you're the only art teacher in your school, like I am.
 I can feel a bit isolated!

-b-

--
Carpe You Some Diem!