Re:[teacherartexchange] new/old kiln

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2008 - 06:33:26 PDT

Becky, I highly recommend to find a kiln technician (probably you can find one in the phone book or online) that could come out and check things out for you. I would rather be safe than sorry. Talk to your principal and they would probably be willing to pay for it (at my old school since it was a large piece of equipment, it came out of a different budget than our art supply budget). The technician will know all about the venting, electrical wiring and can answer any questions you have about firing.
Marcia