[teacherartexchange] New (old) Kiln!!!

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2008 - 09:33:30 PDT

Hey, all! I just found out that an old kiln that I thought was broken
actually works. It's been sitting in my supply room for years because
the teacher before me was told that it didn't work. It actually was
just missing a small part of a safety switch that was easy to replace,
but it kept the thing from turning on. So, now it's fine, but it's
been sitting unused, covered in stuff for years.

So, what do I need to know about setting up and using a kiln? How do
I vent it, etc? A friend gave me a huge tub of clay, so I would like
to use it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

-becky-

--