[teacherartexchange] Art Quotes (and blogs)

---------

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2008 - 11:40:15 PDT

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 1:25 PM, <mrsbeeswax@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here is a collection of quotes on Art and Music on the ArtsEdge website.
> Nice to post great quotes outside your classroom. or to put at the bottom of letters you send out to admin or parents.
>
> http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/explore/qts.cfm

Since you mentioned quotes, if any of you have blogs for your
students, you can get an art "quote of the day" widget for it.

I'm juuuuust in the process of setting up a new blog (much yet to do,
things to move around and add, etc.), but you can see what I have so
far (including the widget):
http://millerschoolart.blogspot.com

(This is set up as a "private" blog, so you won't be able to find it
again unless you bookmark it.)

I used a different blog last year with the intention of asking
questions about pieces of artwork, etc. and having students post
that sort of interaction and exchange, and it pleases the powers that
be due to the integration of technology across the curriculum.)

Didn't happen, and so I mainly used it for posting assignments--which
was helpful. I'd also thought of having students respond to/interpret
the quote of the day each week as a homework assignment, but that
didn't happen, either. Maybe this year? ;-)

--
Sharon (Virginia teacher reprising her role as "plate spinner
extraordinaire" and finding there aren't enough hours in a day to get