Re:[teacherartexchange] Windows Vista Questions

---------

From: Steve Hanson (arglyle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2008 - 10:38:13 PDT

Office home and student version includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint and
OneNote. It comes with a license allowing you to install and
simultaneously run it on up to 3 systems. In fact, it is designed with
the idea of doing exactly what you are talking about. The Warranty
time starts ticking when you register the first installation.

Any other version of Office is only available to register on one
system. Sometimes you can get away with installing it on multiple
systems but that is illegal.

Year before last, I worked for Dell. None of their systems come with
office unless you order it extra. In fact, the guys that sell the
computers will probably try to talk you into it as they get really
good commission on it.

As an aside, Last year I decided to quit selling computers and return
to teaching after a 20 year hiatus. Even though I'm making a third of
what I was at Dell (I was pretty good at selling computers and
peripherals), I'm happier than I've been in a long time.

I'm teaching at a small high school in Hugo Oklahoma, otherwise known
as Circus City USA. We have 4 circuses that winter here and one even
has established a combination retirement home and breeding center for
elephants. I get to see elephants every day going to and from school.
I tried to tell my daughter that they were they rare Oklahoma Elephant
(Elepantus Soonerus), but smart girl that she is, she isn't buying it.

Anyway, I hope that this is helpful.

S. Hanson
AKA Artguy