Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 22, 2008

---------

From: Keith Johnson (kjphotog_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2008 - 07:05:20 PDT

As you've already read from other posters MS office products do not
come with a new computer, just trial versions. However, you can use
some of the free open source programs that are nearly identical to
what you'll get in Office. Such as www.openoffice.org

Or, use the ones from Google. I installed Abiword on my new HP and it
seems to work fine. Presume I'll just remove the trial version of MS
Office from the laptop. You may notice that there are quite a few
programs that you don't want on your new computer pre-installed - its
called shovelware. There's educator pricing for Macs too, so check
that out in the apple website & same for HP & Dell.

I'm considering buying Dell laptops for my triplet grandkids. I'm a
mac person but can't afford to buy three macs. The model I'm
considering comes with the
new windows vista. I can't seem to figurer out if that includes: word,
excel, and
powerpoint. Is that something you need to purchase separately ?

--
www.thephotoshopguy.net