Re: [teacherartexchange] Learning by copying?

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 13:57:44 PDT

On 22-Aug-08, at 5:00 PM, Cheryl Lloyd wrote:

> I agree with you, Diane.

Hi everyone,
I copy all the time. That sounds bad I know. But without bringing
Marshall McLuhan and other media gurus into the discussion, I can
simply state that understanding culture comes in many forms. One of
these forms is copying. What is collage but the bringing in of media
from diverse parts of one's world? Originality is quite an idea, one
that I think is greatly overblown. But of course I love Marvin like
everyone else.
Finally getting a summer day in late August, 3 days before schools
starts,
Peggy