Re: [teacherartexchange] Windows Vista Questions

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 12:35:02 PDT

Hi Woody, I got a Toshiba with Vista and there was no word system included. It had a
notebook etc. but came with a sample Microsoft Office which had to be purchased
within a month--also norton antivirus for purchase. It's because of the anti-trust suit against
Microsoft.

>>> Woody Duncan <woodyduncan@comcast.net> 8/22/2008 7:05 am >>>
I'm considering buying Dell laptops for my triplet grandkids. I'm a
mac person but can't
afford to buy three macs. The model I'm considering comes with the
new windows vista.
I can't seem to figurer out if that includes: word, excel, and
powerpoint. Is that something
you need to purchase separately ? I'm looking for something to push
them in school.
They are starting the 4th grade and I want them to learn the basics
of writing using
word processing and hone their math skills using spreadsheets. They
read at the
6th grade level and need a challenge. What is included with Windows
Vista ?
                                                                        Woody

Read My Blog:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog08/August.html