Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Windows Vista Questions

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 08:33:17 PDT

I purchased an HP with vista a little over a year ago (when vista was so
new, non-microsoft programs were not compatible) was an unfortunate
situation - my student teacher dropped my laptop so I had little
choise.....but anyways......I too lived in Outlook Express, but realized
quite quickly that vista's "Windows Mail" is the outlook express
substitute - it looks almost identical to outlook and I had absolutely no
issue setting it up. Other than issues at the beginning with programs not
being compatible (ie: the marking program we use, Itunes, etc. all had to
do very quick rewrites to their programs,which I now have) I've had little
problems with my vista laptop (knock on wood!).