Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 21, 2008

---------

From: Keith Johnson (kjphotog_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 06:55:59 PDT

You can simply do a google for curriculum for digital photography
and/or photoshop. You'll find tons of ideas, adobe has an education
section -
http://www.adobe.com/education/digkids/intro/ projects that listed
using Elements can also be done using PS as well, or the other way
around.

I know many high school & colleges are about the only ones left
offering both digital & traditional which I think is great so that
kids get a bit of history of photography + digital.

I've used many of my "regular" assignments for digital photo projects.
Also, using digital is an easy way to do powerpoint shows and that
sort of thing & webpages. Scanners offer another way to digitize
images, also I've had kids use scanner to do scans of their faces -
makes for some very strange portraits, espeially if they 'roll' their
faces as the scanners light bar moves.

http://teachingphoto.com/school.html

http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Donna-PS.htm

digital cameras also make for a great way to capture images for a
composite or collage, building webpages (using html & notepad or the
webpage feature in photoshop). The options are many.

you'll also find sites like this one where you can meet other photo instructors
http://picturesocial.ning.com/

--
www.thephotoshopguy.net