Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 19, 2008

---------

From: Keith Johnson (kjphotog_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 05:06:41 PDT

Welcome to LA Dennis,

There are a couple of placement services that might be of help for us
teacher types looking for art teaching positions.
http://www.calwesteducators.com/ is one and you can apply on line and
they'll call you in for an interview and send out your portfolio when
they hear of openings. There's another one in Santa Monica but can't
recall their name.

And there's this website, http://caisca.org/career_jobs.asp an
organization that many private schools belong to and they post jobs
here. Also http://edjoin.org/ which is how I found my current position
with bev hills usd.

Oh yea and with Cal West they also have substitute teacher service,
Teachers on Reserve, and many teachers do the sub thing 'til they find
the position they're looking for.