RE: [teacherartexchange] Learning by copying?

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 08:19:51 PDT

Along the same lines of Sidnie, I give an assignment where the students
design a custom license plate for a specific artist. The tags on the
license have to be important dates in the artists life and the "state"
should be the country or state of the artist. They often try to make
the background of the plate in the style of the artist. We put them on
cars in the parking lot to take photos when complete.

Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor
3435 Don Pedro Road
Ceres, CA 95307