Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Olympic Parade of Nations Art

From: Diane Beilby (dibeilby_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 15:34:02 PDT

Thank you for the idea!!

I put out a long white strip of paper and ten cups of paint and brushes.
First day of class - We had a very short intro class today so this fit
perfectly, giving the students a chance to use a little paint.
I had instructions right inside the door.
Pick a color and draw a line (any kind of line) from one end of the sheet to
the other.

I followed this telling students that art is influenced by what is happening
in the world. I asked students if they know what had inspired this
painting. In every class one or two students had the answer.

It looks really good and I am going to hang it in the hall tomorrow. I am
happy that they each have a part in this huge painting created in one day!
All succeed!!
now I am trying to think of the perfect title

Diane Beilby
Kirksey Middle School (formally 6th-7th, new year 6th,7th, 8th)
Rogers, AR