Re: [teacherartexchange] Seven Period Day Advise Needed

---------

From: Dobbelaere (dobbe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 14:46:27 PDT

That is my schedule I teach everything Ceramics I & II Photogrphy Arts &
Crafts Intro and Adv. art. & stagecraft. we are divided into two semesters
but they still give me a ceramics class then a adv art where we are drawing
or painting and then back to ceramics never can they be together. My kids
will wedge oned day then build or throw the next I usually assign proj for
the semester and they have to complete before the end I may teach five
kids the wheel and help someone else with a hand built proj. I have the
kids take a pic of thier house and recreate it in clay. they have to draw
it first to scale then trace these on the clay to keep the scale I show
them different tech for creating windows siding and then at the same time I
may jump back over to a wheel student. I give a 10 minute warning that way
some will start the clean up and they are all responsible for there space
and if finished help a neighbor , some kids come in an work during study
hall and some stay after school ,if I am also. It is hard to get much done
in that amount of time I also do attend ance half way thru class and the
evil princ. I have had the last two years (He is younger than my kids)
follows my students to the room to inform me who was tardy!! give me a
break. This same man is telling me that I cannot order glue bottles and
paint brushes because they are not consumables the kids don't take them home
with them. What ever!! they consume them and by the end of the year glue
bottle are clipped or cut and brushes are not that great either by the end
of the year , he asked me what I use leaded stained glass is for I said
to make stained glass pieces and jewelry, I have 25-30 per class and a new
batch in the spring . Do all of your supplies for your room come from your
student fees ? Mine always has until this new guy came last year. The other
art teachers in our district still order that way but he wants me to request
the non consumable items from some other fund ( never had to do that don't
know what he is talking about) I have taught for 19 years here. Wow you
will probaly miss those long periods that would be heaven in the art room.
Sandy Dobbelaere