Re: [teacherartexchange] A new pun list for everyone

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2008 - 14:51:53 PDT

This isn't what you requested, Michal, but I came across it when I was
looking for your request. Judy Grochowski posted it several years ago:

"Once upon a time the animals decided to do something heroic to meet
the problems of the 'new world.' So they organized a school.

They adopted an activity curriculum consisting of running, climbing,
swimming, and flying. To make it easier to administer the curriculum,
ALL the animals took ALL the subjects.

The duck was excellent in swimming, in fact, better than her
instructor; but she only made passing grades in flying and was very
poor in running. Since she was slow in running, she had to stay after
school and also drop swimming in order to practice running. This was
kept up until her webbed feet were badly worn and she was only average
in swimming. But average was acceptable in school, so nobody worried
about that except the duck.

The rabbit started at the top of the class in running, but had a
nervous breakdown because of so much make-up work in swimming. The
squirrel was excellent in climbing until she developed frustration in
the flying class when her teacher made her start from the ground up
instead of from the treetop down. She also developed a charely horse
from overexertion and got a C in climbing and a D in running.

The eagle was a problem child and was disciplined severely. In the
climbing class she beat all the others to the top of the tree, but
insisted on using her own way to get there.

At the end of the year, an abnormal eel that could swim exceedingly
well, and also run, climb, and fly a little, had the highest average
and was valedictorian.

The prairie dogs stayed out of school and fought the tax levy because
the administration would not add digging and burrowing to the
curriculum. They apprenticed their child to a badger and later joined
the groundhogs and gophers to start a successful private school."

                Best wishes to all of you for a successful school year!!

                                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

                                Art teacher, K-5, retired