Re: [teacherartexchange] Learning by copying?

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2008 - 08:15:10 PDT

Very well put Jeff.

I deal with it simply - copying is just fine for
practice, especially when learning difficult things
like animal anatomy.

Tracing is just fine too, as long as you are tracing
your own original drawing, like for the purpose of
transferring it to a nicer surface. No tracing of
another artist's work, period.

Nothing will be put on display that is copied from
another artist's work.

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator