Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 16, 2008

---------

From: Keith Johnson (kjphotog_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2008 - 08:11:46 PDT

One of my most successful projects is where I have students research
the works of other master photographers and then come up with their
own interpretation to photograph. For me the reference gives simply
gives students a starting point that's all.

> I'm about to begin my first year teaching high school art, though
I'm a seasoned teacher in >other fine arts courses. My colleagues
insist that no copying ever be allowed, for any >reason. While I
understand the importance of the students learning to develop
confidence in >their own creativity.

(for some strange reason, I keep getting my replies blocked maybe this
will work)