[teacherartexchange] A new pun list for everyone

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2008 - 20:41:25 PDT

Hi,
I know we've done the list of puns before for Fish and for Birds, but I
thought I would try something new this year (my seniors are tired of the
punny fish exercise on the first day!).....here's a list of Common Botanical
Names that could be used for a 'pun' exercise......I'm sure there's more to
add to the list, but I chose ones that I thought would be challenging
enough, yet not too hard for the students.....and before anyone complains
about the "Devil's Club", I included that because our school mascot is the
red devil (if you can believe that!). Enjoy. Hope it's useful to someone
(it's taken me hours to research this list!.....although I've been watching
the olymipics at the same time....pause for 9 seconds while the world's
fastest man is decided.....WOW! if you saw that on tv it was IMPRESSIVE!)

Common Botanical Names

Alligator Juniper
Angel's Trumpet Tree
Atomic Snowflake Geranium