Re: [teacherartexchange] Seven Period Day Advise Needed

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2008 - 09:46:42 PDT

Hey Jeff and all-

Thanks for posing the 7 period day Q. I have been teaching that wonderful 80 minute class
until now and my school just changed to the 45 min. class in a 7 period day. I have been in
denial as far as thinking about this this summer.-thanks for the reality check.

As far as why- I know the 2 reasons at my school.
#1 entice students with more electives.
#2 more remedial math and reading so we can get off the bad school list.

I appreciate your suggestions Jeff. THe only pro active thing I have done so far is last spring
when I did the schedule I scheduled AP next to intermediate classes thinking that students
may be able to take 2 back to back or stay late/come in early.

Gabrielle in Minneapolis
Subject: Re: [teacherartexchange] Seven Period Day Advise Needed