Re: [teacherartexchange] Ten Lessons the Arts Teach

---------

From: maki-KAWA (kawa-makio_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2008 - 04:36:55 PDT

Dear Dr. Diane C. Gregory,

Whatever you contribute will be given to our members and perhaps we can
engage in a collaborative project together.

Thanks,

<Nine Lessons the Arts Teach>By Makio

  a.. Art education lets each individual student delineate his/her own
dreams.
  a.. Art education gives students an impression of the value of beauty with
an awareness of society and the earth that will last for a lifetime.
Students also receive a sense of artistic judgment conscious of those around
them as they act.
  a.. Art education trains students in sensitivity and practical skills that
encourage the development of a creative lifestyle and a harmonious society,
as well as a beautiful earth.
  a.. Art education is concerned with instruction on the individual level.
It integrates knowledge and experience to foster a temperament and ability
that is both expressive and capable of superior problem solving.
  a.. Art education is concerned with the individual minds of students. It
trains in a richly human experience that has self-discipline,
cooperativeness with others, concern for others, and emotional depth.
  a.. Art education is concerned with the individual lives of students. It
provides enjoyable experiences of self-expression, and encourages students
to think about living lives true to themselves.
  a.. Art education is concerned with the individual profession of students.
It improves skills, provides an experience of the delight in being true to
oneself, and fosters creative ability in the workplace.
  a.. Art education is concerned with technology. It enhances goals and
safety, fosters delight in utilizing technology, and creates designs
concerned with beauty that connect technology (machinery) with man.
  a.. Art education is concerned with society. It suggests and is directly
concerned with social creativity that is peaceful and beautiful.
http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/ArtEducationProgram.html

Makio KAWASHIMA
Art Teacher
Shinozaki Elementary School Art Museum