Re: [teacherartexchange] Ten Lessons the Arts Teach

---------

From: Diane Gregory (gregory.diane55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 16:18:43 PDT

Hi Nancy!

Thanks for your support. The idea actually came from this list. I was reading a post by someone and they said that they wanted to know the real value of art in their lives...not just an advocacy statement...how people think artistically, etc. It was in response to something that Marvin Bartel had sent out and people were discussing it as to whether the ideas he suggested would be of interest to art teachers for their professional development days at the beginning of the school year. Marvin's topics were pretty heady and right on...and I think taking this next step might help to make the topic more real. I know I remember stories that describe what the arts can do.

Thanks, again Nancy. I hope this project works out.

Cheers,

Diane

Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Associate Professor of Art Education