Re: [teacherartexchange] yikes, new scedule - 9 weeks 6th graders?

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 11:30:30 PDT

With no Elementary Art students are coming in with only a small level of art background so...

You could do a two week program of introduction to drawing materials: pencil, charcoal, pastels, markers. Focusing on contour line, outline, expressive line. Shapes. Forms. Some perspective: 0ne and two point. Drawing stilllifes, plants, animals,cartoons.

You could do another two weeks of painting. Primary, Secondary, Intermediate, Values, Earth tones. Focus on color mixing. Use tempera and watercolor. Abstract images using shapes and lines, filling spaces.

You could do another two weeks of printmaking. Cardboard prints, stencils, stamping, Softcut prints, mono prints, found object prints, texture rubbings.

You could do another two weeks working on ceramics. Coil, pinch, slab techniques. Creating vessels, containers, tiles, jewelry, sculptures.

You then have one week to use if you wish to extend the students other weeks or use it as an art appreciation week covering artist and their works.

At least it gives them a foundation.

jeff (minnesota)