Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 11, 2008

---------

From: Niccy Pallant (nicnakpotplant_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 03:10:05 PDT

Hi there, I joined you all after a middle schooling conference where
the website was mentioned. I am an art/ multimedia & drama teacher on
adelaide, south Australia. I am also a middle school manager.
I have been prompted to join the shoe discussions. Last year I
exchanged with an art teacher in Denver colorado and witnessed a great
interdisciplinary unit linking woody's holocaust memorial project and
clay. Woody's dad was the only survivor of a massacre and woody has
been collecting shoes to represent the victims. Beth - the art teacher
got kids to create little childrens and adults shoes. Very powerful to
see the little hand made baby shoes. Woody's project is here if you'd
like to help: www.holocaustshoeproject.org

Sent from my iPhone

On 12/08/2008, at 5:30 PM, "TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
digest" <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu> wrote:

> [...]
> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:03:47 -0700 (PDT)
>
> I will be in Florida visiting with my mom. She has fallen and
> broken a bone in her spine. She has had a procedure to mend the
> break but I am not sure what the situation is.
> Hope all is well.
> I will keep you updated.
> Keep us in your prayers
> Love
> Barb

> Subject: Re: teacherartexchange digest: August 09, 2008
> From: Socorro Mucino <socorromm@yahoo.com>
> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 07:51:41 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Regarding clay clean-up:
> I teach high school, Art 1 in Chicago's west side. I
> usually assign clean-up tasks by groups of 4, in alph
> order and enter a grade for their efforts. About 5 to
> 6 minutes before the end of class (I assign someone to
> call time!) Two people collect supplies in a bucket
> with water (helps to soak the clay off the tools,)
> they brings tools over to the sink, third person
> rinses off tools. In the mean time, the fourth person
> wipes down tables. While all this is going on,
> students are putting away thier works in progress, and
> lining up to wash hands. So my sink dont clog with
> clay, students first rinse hands in a bucket before
> washing them at the sink. All the clay water goes into
> a large bucket (the type used for contractors or get
> them at home Depot). When clay settles, top layer is
> dumped into the sink and the clay water is thrown
> down the toilet at the end of the day.
> It's not perfect but I can keep track of the "cleanup
> crew" and they pressure the others not to leave a mess
> for them.
> Socorro
> --- TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group digest
> <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu> wrote:
>
>> TEACHERARTEXCHANGE Digest for Saturday, August 09,
>> 2008.
>>
>> 1. RE: Crazy Art Teacher/shoe lesson plans
>> 2. Re: staff development for the arts ideas
>> 3. Re: teacherartexchange digest: August 08, 2008
>> 4. Re: teacherartexchange digest: August 08, 2008
>> 5. Re: Re:teacherartexchange digest: August 08, 2008
>> 6. Re: clay cleanup
>> 7. old 5 1/4 inch floppy disks
>> 8. floppy books
>> 9. RE: old 5 1/4 inch floppy disks
>> 10. Re: old 5 1/4 inch floppy disks
>> 11. Re: old 5 1/4 inch floppy disks
>> 12. RE: old 5 1/4 inch floppy disks
>> 13. Re: old 5 1/4 inch floppy disks
>> 14. Andy Warhol Sketchbook Images
>> 15. RE: Andy Warhol Sketchbook Images
>> 16. RE: Andy Warhol Sketchbook Images
>> 17. Re:teacherartexchange digest: August 08, 2008

>> Subject: RE: Crazy Art Teacher/shoe lesson plans
>> From: "familyerickson" <familyerickson@cox.net>
>> Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 06:39:11 -0500
>>
>> oooh Ruby! I love it! Thanks for sharing shoes!
>> Please continue to
>> share with us your recycled art ideas. I'm sure
>> many of us will enjoy
>> hearing them.
>> Cindy, the Crazy Art Teacher (although I think many

>>> 2. Re: sketch/scrapbook
>>> 3. Re: staff development for the arts
>>> 4. Google Teacher Academy - Chicago
>>> 5. Re: teacherartexchange digest: August 07, 2008
>>> 6. Re: staff development for the arts