Re: [teacherartexchange] old 5 1/4 inch floppy disks

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2008 - 15:48:55 PDT

I made little notebooks out of the 5 1/4" floppies for my teacher/students
in my tech integration class. They loved them! My students didn't really
understand what the 5 1/4" floppies even were (man that makes me feel old!
*L*) but they did enjoy making them from the 3 1/2" ones. On the wonderhowto
site there was directions on how to create a bag out of the 3 1/2" floppies.
I can't wait to get to school & recycle my old ones! We don't even have
computers at school anymore that use the 3 1/2". We FINALLY got some of our
grade school teachers to relinquish their OLD machines - the ones that use
the 5 1/4". They were needing work & nobody knew how to even start repairing
them!
~Michal

Several years ago on Getty someone (I guess Kris Fontes) posted a link
to a book made with floppy disks -
http://www.krisfontes.com/floppy%20disk%20book.htm

Here are directions for a notepad too -
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-make-a-notepad-from-flopp