[teacherartexchange] staff development for the arts

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2008 - 17:21:35 PDT

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some GOOD professional development models for staff development for the
arts. I work in a pay for performance school and currently I have to implement a lot of
reading strategies and other things to "prove" that I am a good teacher and doing my work.
So, when I did the schedule last spring, I wrote it so that all of the arts staff (2 visual art, 2
media arts and 2 graphics teachers) meet at the same time for our "professional
development" time. Now, I would like to find a model where we could work on improving our
arts instruction instead of these building wide reading things. Anyone know of anything?

Thanks so much,
Gabrielle in Minneapolis