Re: [teacherartexchange] sketch/scrapbook

---------

mbhirst_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Aug 07 2008 - 06:06:49 PDT

Yes! I do the same thing and I try to get my Senior studio and AP
students to keep some kind of daily book page, too.
If nothing "comes to us" for the day, we just tear color swatches from
magazines and create color pages----adding a little at a time i.e. I
have a page for each color wheel color and add to them for months. Some
of my kids even do pages of natural textures or black and white line
images or school colors (yuck), etc. The collages become beautiful
accumulations of these patches. Some students pattern them, some are
random, some organize them, some cut out objects, some just use
patches, etc.
Marcia