Re:[teacherartexchange] art room tables

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 11:43:21 PDT

I taught for over 30 years in converted classrooms with limited space, so seating large classes of kids was always a challenge. I finally settled on using lunch room tables, the kind that could be folded up and rolled out of the way for group activities. The tables had attached benches, and this gave me great flexibility when it came to seating arrangements, because while I generally sat two kids per bench, I occasionally had kids team up for certain supplies or paints, or set up work stations for particular projects, and the benches allowed for this as opposed to chairs. The tables are easy to clean, easy to cover (cheap mural paper rolled out) and the janitors loved them because they could roll them to the side for cleaning the room. This system worked so well I purchased new ones for the brand new art room I designed a couple of years before I retired. I would not hesitate to recommend these tables to anyone setting up an art room.

Hope this helps, Jerry
artguyvilenski.com