Re: [teacherartexchange] Art Products from Websites for Fund-raisers

---------

From: Denise Pannell (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 10:09:52 PDT

I was wondering how everyone felt about sites like Artsonia or
> Picateers. How much work are they? Are they worth the effort?

I use Artsonia mainly as a showcase for my students' work rather than a fundraiser. The money is an added bonus! It is a lot of work, I have to say. However, once you have the students' names and info entered initially, it is only a matter of adding their current artwork to the galleries. I guess it depends on how much you want to upload. Last year, I published over 4000 photos, I believe. Of course, our school was ranked 2nd in publishing! Like anything else, you get out what you put in.

My school district is very rural (535 students- elementary) and a mix of economic backgrounds, so I am lucky to make $250 a year from Artsonia. I'll take it because I like the gallery aspect.

Denise Pannell