Re:[teacherartexchange] art room furniture

---------

From: menichino (jlmenichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 07:09:42 PDT

Mary --
I am fortunate enough to have a double size room (I know, it's
incredible). One side I have set up for 3-5th grade and I have
stools. The kids are able to turn and face wherever they need to for
the lesson and I no longer notice the sound of the scraping of the
stools on the floor, but sometimes visitors will point it out. Tennis
balls would help! On my K-2 side, however, I have shorter tables with
smaller than normal chairs. Our little guys are way too wiggly to
handle sitting on stools safely, and some of the kids with
disabilities would have difficulty as well. Although some children do
often find unusually creative ways to sit on the little chairs!
(which reminds me, when you are walking with elementary kids in a
group or line, does anyone else feel like they are looking at the
Monty Python skit about the Ministry of Silly Walks?)
Liz in rural NY