[teacherartexchange] art room furniture

---------

From: Holmgren (holmgren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2008 - 09:55:42 PDT

I have been given the opportunity to order new tables for my art room. I
teach K-2nd grade kids, and my room is quite small--a regular classroom that
was converted to an art room years ago. I have been functioning with six
36" x 72" tables--that have functioned quite well in the space--I use 5
tables for students and use the sixth table to set out supplies for the
various projects. My tables are pretty high for the kdgn. kids, so I am
thinking of adjustable height tables, but am going to stay with the same
dimensions. I am considering asking for stools to replace the ancient
chairs that I now have. What do others of you have in your rooms? Do you
prefer stools to chairs?

Thanks,

Mary H.