Re: [teacherartexchange] Crazy art teacher

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2008 - 09:37:49 PDT

Alix-
        Of course you wear comfortable shoes at school - it reminds me that
many, many years ago when I first joined ArtsEdNet the subject of
discussion
was comfortable shoes for teachers.

S. Bennett wrote in September 1999:
"Hi in regards to shoes. I have found a brand that has a really thick
sole
called K-SWISS. It did not have an arch, but because the sole is so
thick
the shoe conformed to my foot. Not all styles have as thick of soles, so
you will need to look around. There are several nice styles, and their
comfort and support are quite good. Try Footlocker, Finishline or The
Shoe
Dept."

I got that quote from the Getty Archive. What's interesting is that
at the same time
we were also discussing the drastic downturn in the stock market in
1999. It's
going down again and we are discussing shoes. Deja vu anyone ?

                        Take care of your feet, Woody

On Aug 4, 2008, at 9:08 AM, Peshette, Alix wrote:

> Ah Woody,
> I do have to take exception to your quote about who buys what kind of
> shoes! Early on in my art teaching career I realized that if I was
> gonna be on cement floors all day, I better wear very very comfortable
> shoes! After 18 years of teaching art and two foot surgeries, I still
> look for comfort in shoes.
>
> That said, I do collect thrift store cowboy boots in wild patterns and
> colors - red being my favorite. I wear these to dinner, art openings
> and occasionally work. But I can only wear them for about two
> hours at
> a time.
>
> -Alix

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque