[teacherartexchange] Adventures begin in Chennai, India

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissaenderle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2008 - 09:23:48 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNet Folks,

It has now been one week since i've been in India. Indeed, it is
vastly different than my previous posting in Serbia. I will be drawing
upon my experiences in Mali to help me get acclimated (or not
frustrated with) to the heat/humidity, vastly different cultures and
people, and overall day-to-day functions. This definitely isn't
Europe! HAving said that, the people here are very friendly and I've
enjoyed the food so far. I could do without the humidity though...

In between fulfilling the necessary obligations of beginning one's
stay in another country (immigrations, unpacking, shopping for basics,
transportation) and school functions (including eating at nice
restaurants), I have been quite busy. Today is the first day of school
for students - too early if you ask me! Yesterday morning I again went
for a walk and took a few photos, in addition to running into my
neighbor who was also going for a walk. I have posted some of my
photos on Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissaenderle and my
experiences on my blog http://melissaenderle.blogspot.com. I will be
creating a section on my website soon for India. Stay tuned!

Melissa