Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Crazy art teacher

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2008 - 16:45:21 PDT

Oh, yeah... also look on Etsy at some of the painted shoes and what
they're selling for, now. Seriously!!!

I did a pair in sharpie marker and sprayed with clear spray paint (2-3
coats) and they have held up for a couple years, even through wearing
in the rain. Everything looks good except for the metallic colors,
which turned dull.

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 4:26 PM, familyerickson <> wrote:
> My latest fetish is art teacher shoes. Here's what I am doing. I buy
> plain shoes that fit well at the Thrift store or at Walmart. I then use
> acrylic paints and sharpie markers to decorate them with wild patterns and
> abstract paintings. Voila! Art Teacher Shoes! I have been coating them
> with Modge Podge to sortof seal the color on. I have no idea how long they
> will last but even if I just wear them for a season, I am ok with that.
> For goodness sake Walmart has sandles on sale for $7.00 right now! My
> question is this: have any of you also acquired this fetish? If so, what
> media are you using? Have you come up with a sealer that might work
> better?
> Your wild and crazy art teacher friend,
> Cindy
> Checked by AVG.