Re:[teacherartexchange] Scope and Sequence in Middle School

---------

From: John Torr (jctorr_2000_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 22:00:50 PDT

Hi June,
thanks for your response - I have looked at a number
of state guidelines concerning scope and sequence for
art and they are very useful in building a programme.
I will be working on this for the next few weeks
although the deadline is next wednesday. It's easy for
me to make up a plan that fits the job and satisfies
the Principal of the school, in a rudimentary fashion,
but I want to make the scope & sequence apply to the
students in terms of environment, cultural differences
and language arts, keeping in mind the time
constraints, and as you rightly said a link needs to
be made to other subjects to make it more
inter-disciplinary in nature. I hope to do that with
English Lit, History, Geography and Social Studies
too. Thank you again for suggestions.

John