Re:[teacherartexchange] Artistic process

---------

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 06:57:24 PDT

Do you have a website with your work or your students work?--- On Sun, 7/27/08, christy hedman <christyhedman@yahoo.com> wrote:> From: christy hedman <christyhedman@yahoo.com>> Subject: Re:[teacherartexchange] Artistic process> To: "TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group" <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu>> Date: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 3:06 PM> I have found that sketching on the back of the agendas> during those painful inservices my district requires at the> begining of the year (3 days worth!!!!) produces wonderful> ideas. I have a few years worth of sketches I am still> working from. When I'm feeling like I'm not making> any artistic progress, I flip them over for a reality check-> making art of any kind is progress compared to sitting> through adminsitration meetings. Many times I have found> some old sketches and much to my delight I will have already> made something from that page! I am a potter/sculptor and it> seems that I am always working
 the same themes and forms> over a period of years. It is never intentional, I tend to> work from my gut/heart. Wherever that path leads is where I> go. > > Christy> 3 Dimensional Art> Deer Lakes  High School> Russellton PA> > > > > >       > > ---> To unsubscribe go to > http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html