[teacherartexchange] environment -- plastic bags

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 16:56:40 PDT

Here's an idea:

A friend of mine crochets the neatest tote bags using plastic shopping
bags. Each crocheted bag uses a huge stack of plastic bags to make,
and when she's done, they look like the perennial favorite straw beach
bags everyone owns. If you look really closely, you can see the
printing on the plastic bags. They're stronger than straw, and do a
lot better than straw if you happen to get them wet.

I don't know about crocheting enough to teach it, but I think I might
try a weaving project using plastic bags. I am going to have to mess
around with it a bit, first.

Becky