Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Legal Portraits - from Harvard Law School Library

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 08:16:40 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

This site was featured in Scout Report. I thought some of you might
find it interesting (looking at change in fashion of court robes, wigs

From Scout Report:

11. Legal Portraits Online

The Harvard Law School Library has quite an impressive collection of legal
art and visual materials, and as of late, they have been working to digitize
these works and place them online for the web-browsing public. The
collection includes images of jurists, political figures, legal thinkers,
and lawyers that date from the Middle Ages all the way up to the late
twentieth century. As the website notes, the collection is quite strong in
its coverage of eighteenth and nineteenth century British and American
lawyers, including such luminaries as Jeremy Bentham and John Marshall.
Visitors can search the collection at their leisure, and they can also look
at the online exhibition titled "The Legal Portrait Project Online", if they
wish to do so. [KMG]

>From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout Project 1994-2007.

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to