Re: [teacherartexchange] the environment

---------

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 07:39:53 PDT

It's good to remember that, while taking "recyclable" plastic (usually "1"
PETE and "2" HPTE) to the recycling center is better than throwing it away,
most plastic cannot truly be "recycled" in the sense that metal, paper, and
glass can - that is, they can't be remade into the same thing, only things
that aren't themselves recyclable. And, plastic will be with us and the
environment forever, as far as anyone knows. So, if possible, using less
plastic is best (anyone up for a reusable shopping bag project?:-) - but a
difficult goal in today's culture, and especially for us art teachers! :-(
-Lydia in Toledo