Re: [teacherartexchange] paper

---------

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 03:12:54 PDT

Thanks to everyone who's made suggestions regarding paper! It's been a
very, very busy week (classes started yesterday) and I'm excited about
trying embossing, one way or another.

> stonehenge is cheaper than bfk and works as well
>
> if you dont care about acidity or archival qualities, then blotting paper
> works, pre damping the paper helps
>

> otherwise try making your own sheets of recycled paper from office waste,
> all you need is a blender, some fly screen and an emboridery hoop for the
> mould and lots of water
>
> oh and an old woolen blanket for couching and drying the sheets

Yes, I've done papermaking and paper casting (
http://www.art-rageous.net/PaperMakingCasting.html ) and will probably do
that with my Art 1 students second semester. I want to do "regular"
embossing (more of a printmaking process, I guess) with my advanced art kids
this fall. :-)