[teacherartexchange] paper

---------

From: blakkbyrd (blakkbyrd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 02:58:10 PDT

On 30/08/2007, at 9:00 AM, TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group digest
wrote:

> Can anyone recommend paper that will work well for printed
> embossing other
> than the Rives BFK? I need to find something that's a bit more
> affordable, if possible!
>
> Thanks!
>

> Sharon
> www.art-rageous.net

stonehenge is cheaper than bfk and works as well

if you dont care about acidity or archival qualities, then blotting
paper works, pre damping the paper helps

otherwise try making your own sheets of recycled paper from office
waste, all you need is a blender, some fly screen and an emboridery
hoop for the mould and lots of water

oh and an old woolen blanket for couching and drying the sheets

byrd
http://printaustralia.blogspot.com/