[teacherartexchange] the environment

---------

From: Diane Beilby (dibeilby_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 01:28:42 PDT

Dear Art Educators

I have just been reading the NAEA summer issue
"designer water!"

My question is, have you thought about making the artroom environmentally
friendly

I am thinking about all my practices in the artroom as am environmentalist

This reminds me of a bakeshop highlighted on TV
that named every product in there shop including wall paint, all baking
ingredients ... and they knew where everything came from insuring that it
was environmentally friendly.

When I think about the paint, and everything else that I have been buying
for my class every year it makes me feel guilty. I want to clean up my
classroom in a eco friendly way.

The first thing I thought last spring was, I could not order supplies I
could use only recycled materials and I always do some of that but could I
do it all year?
I want a catalog of art supplies that are eco conscious. I want lessons that
are eco friendly

 If you are thinking the same way, can you please share what you have found,
websites, lessons, resources

Sincerely
Diane