[teacherartexchange] art club

---------

From: Pam Wellington (loveart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 09:43:45 PDT

Dear Anne Carman- Hendel,
Check out the National Art Honor Society. I started a chapter at the high
school 3 years ago and it is highly successful. The high school club is
10-12th grade. The middle school club is 7-9.

1. What are your requirements for membership, if any, for art club?

Yes, there are acedemic requirements as well as a recommendation required
from the art teacher and one other acedemic teacher. Attendence requirements
as well as behavior expectations.

2. Have you had so many interested students that you had to limit
membership or formed two clubs?

No, but a large group can be managed. I worked at a high school that had 45
member in the high school club.

3. How often do you meet?

About once a week.

4. I am thinking of having a pledge or agreement for students to
sign. Have any of you done something of this nature? Did you find it
successful or helpful?

Yes. There is a contract to sign.