[teacherartexchange] Shadow Paintings - nice lesson from Arts and Activities (HS)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 08:56:09 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Here is a nice lesson idea from Arts & Activities Magazine:
http://www.artsandactivities.com/Page/Articles07/A040742.pdf
I know many of you are looking for ways to connect digital media to
traditional media.
In this lesson, students photograph interesting shadows on campus -
change photo to black and white (high contrast) - transfer to prepared
Masonite - block out white with frisket - paint shadows in exploration
of color. Group project is particularly impressive (triptych).

If anyone does this lesson, please submit it to Incredible Art
Department. I will reference this article as the source of inspiration
(and link to A&A magazine).

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department