RE: [teacherartexchange] Art Club Questions

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 18:07:25 PDT

Another question from the new old girl for those of you who are
sponsors for Art Clubs in both middle school and high school:

1. What are your requirements for membership, if any, for art club?
We don't have requirements, we take all comers.

2. Have you had so many interested students that you had to limit
membership or formed two clubs? No, our initial turnout is huge, but then
when we start to do hard work, the membership drops off, or when
sports/theater kicks in, members drop, to where the club becomes a core of
worker bees.

3. How often do you meet? Depends on the project we are working on. We pick
a day, i.e. Monday that we tell students to put on their calendars as Art
Club day, and then tell them to listen to announcements.

4. I am thinking of having a pledge or agreement for students to
sign. Have any of you done something of this nature? Did you find it
successful or helpful? I have not had a pledge. I think I tend to run my
clubs like clubs I would like to be a part of, no frills, ceremonies etc.,
but that's my personality. Just the facts, m'mam as Sergeant Friday would
say.

I intend to change the membership practice a bit from the way my
predecesor handled things. Good idea, always put your stamp on things, don't
pick up the ball and run, but start a new game.

San D