[teacherartexchange] Fundred Dollar Bill Project

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 13:25:36 PDT

I got this forwarded to me today, thought some of you
might be interested in it. There are templates and
simple directions on the website.

ART OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL GRADES

THE FUNDRED DOLLAR BILL PROJECT

A unique artwork made of millions of drawings.

Student?s drawing will be part of a giant performance
and collective creative action!

This is a national project intended to support the
rebuilding of New Orleans by making the environmental
conditions safer for its residents. The "artworks"
created by your students will be collected by armored
truck and delivered to The Federal Reserve and
Congress in Washington D.C. where an even exchange of
the value of their art currency for actual funds or
services will be requested.

The project is appropriate to introduce social
studies, political science, or art and design.
Ultimately we hope your student?s contribution will
demonstrate that their creative actions can make a
difference. If you have a student from New Orleans
this project can be a method of reconnecting with
their home in a positive and tangible way.

A simple lesson plan is available for download on the
FUNDRED DOLLAR BILL PROJECT website:
http://www.fundred.org/. Password: Paydirt.

If you questions and/or are interested in your school
being a collection center, please e-mail:
questions@fundred.org.

Spread the word! Please share this e-mail and
password with all teachers who might be interested in
participating!

Liesel Fenner, ASLA

Manager of Public Art

Americans for the Arts

1000 Vermont Ave. NW 6th Fl.

Washington DC , 20005

202-371-2830 x124

202-371-0424 fax

www.AmericansForTheArts.org

The Public Art Network, a program of Americans for the
Arts,

develops strategies and tools to advocate and advance
the field

and fosters knowledge and understanding of the diverse
spectrum

of public art.